kettlebell from a pilates instructor?
Why would you take a Kettlebell course from a Pilates Instructor Trainer? I don’t bend nails, I don’t make you do “punishment pushups” if you are late to class, I don’t do strong man circus tricks with kettlebells the weight of a mini-cooper, and I don’t think getting on a bathroom scale is the best way to determine what Kettelbell weight you should be using. I do bring the precision and anatomical nature of Pilates and apply it to kettlebell, I do focus on teaching you how to teach others as opposed to personal performance. I do bring decades of expereince teaching instructors teaching regular clients and real people safe, effective and fun exercise techniques.
Hosting a Kettlebell instructor training at your facility can be a great way to train your staff and by promoting or marketing the course to fitness professionals outside your facility you can offset some of the costs of the training. There are several options to hosting a course, please call or e-mail to discuss which one might suite your needs best.
This workshop comes under the category of continuing education and is good for ACE CECs. It is intended for Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers, and Pilates Instructors who have a solid functional anatomical and biomechanics background and are already teaching exercise/movement to groups or individuals and hold a current certification within that field. It is intended as an introductory workshop and ideally targeted to those with little or no exposure to Kettlebells and Kettlebell training. There is a significant amount of practical application and this is a physically demanding 10-hour workshop over a two-day period. Students will learn in this course:
- Basic theoretical and historical knowledge of Kettlebell training techniques.
- How to choose appropriate weight and style Kettlebells for clients or groups.
- How to demonstrate and identify proper form and teaching techniques for foundational Kettlebell exercises and variations.
- To identify and demonstrate proper safety techniques while training with Kettlebells.
- To incorporate Kettlebell foundation exercises into their existing clients or groups.
- Basic programming ideas and be able to implement them with their groups or individual clients.
- Cueing and modifications for Kettlebell foundational exercises and variations.
course hosting requirements
- Suitable space relative to group size must be available.
- Kettlebells must be purchased in advance by hosting site; I can help with the purchase of these, sizes and amount. Hosting site can pre-sell them to participants after use in the course if not interested in keeping an inventory for themselves.
- Rough cost for about 14 kettlebells and shipping $800, which would accommodate a training group of approximately 15 persons.
- Max number of participants is 20
St. Paul Community Education at Battle Creek Middle School
Winter session begins January 27 runs for 8 weeks
Spring session begins April 7 runs for 8 weeks
Beginners Class at 6:45, Experienced class at 8:00
Bring your own bell!
STOTT PILATES® is the Harvard of pilates training schools.Learn More
I’ll help you implement successful programming in your club.Learn More
Hear what others have to say about my services. After all, my clients can tell the best story about what it’s like to work with me.Learn More